Our History

INDUSTRIAL-STRENGTH CHARACTER

Completed in 1916, the headquarters building of the Baltimore Gas & Electric Company has been carefully preserved and restored under the supervision of the National Park Service and to the standards established by the National Register of Historic Places. Its 22 stories rise in majestic neoclassical style, capped by large, arched windows on the top two floors. At the fourth floor, the fa├žade is graced by allegorical figures representing Knowledge, Light, Heat, and Power.